Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 500-430 Topic 2 Question 9 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 500-430 exam
Question #: 9
Topic #: 2
[All 500-430 Questions]

What are three valid reasons to use the AppDynamics REST API to retrieve metrics? (Choose three.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, C, E

The AppDynamics REST API to retrieve metrics allows you to get values generated for metrics by specifying the path of the metric and the time frame for the data1.Some of the valid reasons to use this API are12:

To archive 1-minute granularity data. The AppDynamics Controller stores metric data at different levels of granularity depending on the retention period. For example, it stores 1-minute granularity data for 8 days, 10-minute granularity data for 32 days, and 1-hour granularity data for 365 days. If you want to archive the 1-minute granularity data for longer than 8 days, you can use the API to retrieve and store the data in an external database or file system.

To calculate a new metric based on two existing metrics. The AppDynamics Controller provides some built-in metrics such as average response time, calls per minute, errors per minute, etc. However, you may want to calculate a new metric that is not available in the Controller, such as the ratio of errors to calls, or the percentage of slow transactions. You can use the API to retrieve the values of the existing metrics and perform the calculation using your own logic or formula.

To retrieve health rule violations. Health rules are the rules that define the performance and availability thresholds for your application components. When a health rule is violated, the AppDynamics Controller generates an event and optionally triggers a policy action. You can use the API to retrieve the list of health rule violations for a given application, time range, and severity level. This can help you monitor and troubleshoot the health of your application and take corrective actions if needed.Reference:Retrieve Metric Data,Health Rule API

Contribute your Thoughts:

Corinne
3 days ago
Totally. And let's not forget the humor factor - I'm picturing someone trying to use the API to evaluate health rules and just getting a massive migraine instead. 'Excuse me, AppDynamics, I think your API is making me sick!'
upvoted 0 times
Leota
4 days ago
I'm with you all on that. The ability to calculate new metrics could be really powerful too. AppDynamics has a ton of data, so being able to combine and analyze it however you need is a big advantage of the API.
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
5 days ago
I agree, C, E, and B are the three best options here. Being able to pull the data and create your own reports is super useful, and understanding health rule violations is crucial for monitoring application performance.
upvoted 0 times
Tawanna
6 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I think the key reasons to use the AppDynamics REST API would be to create custom reports, calculate new metrics, and retrieve health rule violations. A and F seem a bit more specific, while the others are more broadly applicable.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel