Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 500-425 Topic 5 Question 7 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 500-425 exam
Question #: 7
Topic #: 5
[All 500-425 Questions]

Java APM agents used in a production environment are consistently found to be disabled while no development environments exhibit this behavior Given that agents in both environments use the default configuration, what solution should be implemented to resolve this issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

One possible reason why Java APM agents used in a production environment are consistently found to be disabled while no development environments exhibit this behavior is that the production agents are running out of heap memory and crashing. This can happen if the production agents are monitoring a high volume of business transactions, metrics, or snapshots, and the default heap size is not sufficient to handle the load. To resolve this issue, you can enable the heap-storage-monitor-enabled setting on the agent, which allows the agent to monitor its own heap usage and automatically reduce the amount of data it collects when the heap usage reaches a certain threshold. This can help to prevent the agent from running out of memory and crashing.You can also adjust the heap-storage-monitor-threshold setting to specify the percentage of heap usage that triggers the data reduction1.Alternatively, you can also increase the heap space for the agent by using the -Xmx option in the agent startup script, but this may require more resources from the host machine2.

The other options are not valid solutions to resolve this issue. Enabling agent auto-restart in the controller UI will not prevent the agent from crashing due to heap exhaustion, but only restart the agent after it crashes.This may cause data loss and performance degradation3. Decreasing the worker thread count will not affect the heap usage of the agent, but only limit the number of concurrent tasks that the agent can execute. This may reduce the agent throughput and responsiveness.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRMY22/Java+Agent

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/23.x/latest/en/application-security-monitoring/cisco-secure-application-requirements

Contribute your Thoughts:

Renay
19 days ago
Haha, I bet the developers are just trying to save some memory in production. You know, like, 'Oh, the agents are just slowing things down, let's just turn them off.' But seriously, I think option B might be worth a shot. Increasing the heap space for the agents could help them stay alive and avoid getting disabled. Worth a try, right?
upvoted 0 times
Serita
24 hours ago
Definitely worth a shot!
upvoted 0 times
Felix
2 days ago
B) Increase heap space for agent
upvoted 0 times
Caprice
3 days ago
I agree, maybe increasing heap space will do the trick.
upvoted 0 times
Tanja
4 days ago
D) Enable heap-storage-monitor-enabled setting on agent.
upvoted 0 times
Cherelle
5 days ago
Haha, yeah, developers always try to save memory.
upvoted 0 times
Vi
6 days ago
B) Increase heap space for agent
upvoted 0 times
Jacquline
7 days ago
A) Enable agent auto-restart in the controller UI.
upvoted 0 times
Van
20 days ago
I agree with Izetta. We need to understand the root cause before jumping to a solution. Option D sounds like a good place to start. Although, I have to say, I'm a bit surprised that the agents are being disabled in production but not in development. That sounds like a strange discrepancy that needs to be addressed.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
21 days ago
I'm not so sure about option A. What if the agents are getting disabled for a reason, and auto-restart just masks the underlying issue? Maybe we should look into why the agents are being disabled in the first place. I'd be more inclined to go with option D and enable the heap-storage-monitor-enabled setting. That might give us some insights into what's causing the problem.
upvoted 0 times
Emeline
22 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. It seems like the issue is specific to the production environment, so the solution should be tailored to that environment. I'm leaning towards option A - enabling agent auto-restart in the controller UI. That way, if the agents get disabled, they'll automatically restart, which could help resolve the issue.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel