Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 500-230 Topic 1 Question 34 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 500-230 exam
Question #: 34
Topic #: 1
[All 500-230 Questions]

What does "ifmgr" represent in the output below?

LC/0/3/CPU0:Mar 23 08:04:31.644 : ifmgr[151]: %PKT_INFRA-LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN : Line protocol on Interface POS0/3/0/7, changed state to Down

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Wei
11 days ago
Haha, I love these kinds of questions! It's like a guessing game. I'm going to go with option B. The 'WDSYSMON' process is probably some kind of system monitor that's keeping an eye on the 'ifmgr' process to make sure it doesn't bring the interface back up too quickly or something. It's all about that process management, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Lacresha
12 days ago
I'm not so sure about that, Alyssa. I think option C might also be a possibility. The message says the 'ifmgr' process has restarted 151 times, which could mean that it's been having some stability issues and has been restarting frequently. That could be the reason for the interface going down.
upvoted 0 times
Alyssa
13 days ago
I think option D is the correct answer here. The log message clearly states that 'ifmgr[151]' created this log message, so it's likely that 'ifmgr' represents the interface manager process. It's probably responsible for managing the state of the interfaces on the device.
upvoted 0 times
Billy
14 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not entirely sure what 'ifmgr' represents, but I'm guessing it's some kind of interface manager process. The log message seems to indicate that the line protocol on an interface has gone down, but I'm not sure why that would be the case.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel