An engineer is going through vulnerability triage with company management because of a recent malware outbreak from which 21 affected assets need to be patched or remediated. Management decides not to prioritize fixing the assets and accepts the vulnerabilities. What is the next step the engineer should take?
Suggested Answer: D
Get Premium 350-201 Questions
as Interactive Web-Based Practice Test or PDF
Real Exam Format
Detailed Explanations
Instant Access
Get Your Practice Test
23 comments · newest first
YU
Yuette
10 months ago
A is a good move too, need to prevent further issues.
VE
Verda
10 months ago
I think isolating the assets (D) makes more sense.
RO
Royal
11 months ago
Surprised they’re not patching! What if it spreads?
LA
Lashanda
11 months ago
Not sure if just documenting is enough, feels risky.
LI
Lisbeth
11 months ago
Definitely B, gotta document those risks!
JU
Julio
11 months ago
Isolating the assets could be a good idea, but if management accepted the risk, maybe they just need to acknowledge it instead? I'm a bit confused.
AL
Alberta
11 months ago
I practiced a similar question where documenting risks was emphasized, so I feel like option B is the right choice here.
TE
Teri
12 months ago
I'm not entirely sure, but I remember something about investigating vulnerabilities to prevent further spread. That might be important too.
DU
Dustin
12 months ago
I think the engineer should probably document the risk after management decided not to prioritize fixing the assets. That seems like a logical next step.
LE
Lennie
1 year ago
I'm a little confused on this one. Should we be trying to fix the vulnerabilities or just accept them? I guess documenting the risk is the responsible thing to do, but I wish management was taking this more seriously.
LE
Leanna
1 year ago
Applying vendor patches or hot fixes seems like the most straightforward solution, but if management has already decided not to prioritize it, that might not be an option. Documenting the risk is probably the safest bet.
PA
Paulina
1 year ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not sure if isolating the affected assets is the right move - that could disrupt operations. Maybe we should investigate the vulnerability first to see if we can contain the spread.
DO
Dorothy
1 year ago
I think the best approach here is to acknowledge the vulnerabilities and document the risk. That way, management is aware of the potential issues and we have a record of the decision.
AL
Aleisha
1 year ago
Yes, I think both steps are necessary to address the issue effectively.
KE
Kenda
1 year ago
But shouldn't they also acknowledge the vulnerabilities and document the risk?
JI
Jina
1 year ago
D) Isolate the assets affected in a separate network. Duh, you don't want the whole company going down in flames, do you?
TO
Toshia
1 year ago
B) Acknowledge the vulnerabilities and document the risk. You can't just ignore a security breach, you gotta cover your tracks, you know?
JA
Jamika
9 months ago
It’s all about accountability in security!
RO
Rolande
10 months ago
Risk documentation helps in future decisions.
DE
Delpha
10 months ago
Yeah, you can't just let it slide.
KI
Kindra
10 months ago
Totally agree! Documenting is crucial.
SH
Shawana
1 year ago
I agree with Terrilyn, it's important to stop the malware from spreading.
TE
Terrilyn
1 year ago
I think the engineer should investigate the vulnerability to prevent further spread.