Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-910 Topic 2 Question 69 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-910 exam
Question #: 69
Topic #: 2
[All 300-910 Questions]

A team must roll out updates on the production instance of an application. To avoid any service down time, the new version must be released alongside the old version. After the team ensures that the new version operates as it should, traffic will be redirected to the new version. Then the old version will be shut down.

Which deployment strategy must be used?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

The new version of the application is deployed to one of the environments, and then traffic is gradually shifted to the updated environment. This strategy allows the team to test the new version before releasing it to the public, ensuring that it is operating as expected. After the new version is tested and approved, traffic is fully shifted to the new environment and the old environment is shut down.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Daisy
3 days ago
Rolling deployment does sound like the way to go. That way we can gradually roll out the new version and easily roll back if we run into any issues. Plus, it's a pretty standard approach for this kind of scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Sarah
4 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about the canary approach. That's usually more for testing new features with a small subset of users, not a full version migration. I'm leaning more towards the rolling deployment.
upvoted 0 times
Ilene
5 days ago
Yeah, I agree. Blue/green is out. I'm thinking either the rolling or canary strategy would work here. The key is being able to gradually shift traffic to the new version without interrupting service.
upvoted 0 times
Lacey
6 days ago
Oh god, Tom, don't even joke about that. Can you imagine the chaos? 'Why is my order not showing up?' 'Sorry, it's just in the shadow realm right now.'
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel