Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-810 Topic 12 Question 78 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-810 exam
Question #: 78
Topic #: 12
[All 300-810 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

A company deployed the Cisco Webex calling with Cisco Unified Border Element as a local gateway for PSTN calls and a firewall to restrict and control the HTTP-based traffic that leaves and enters the network. However, Alice in LA cannot dial 82024001 to reach Charlie in NY. Which action must an administrator take to resolve the issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

I understand your reasoning, but I think option C is still the correct answer. The question is about Cisco Webex calling, which is a cloud-based service that provides voice and video calling features. Cisco Webex calling does not use UDP port 5062 for SIP signaling, but TCP port 8934. The Cisco Unified Border Element (UBE) is a local gateway that connects the PSTN to the Webex calling service. The UBE uses UDP port 5062 for SIP signaling only between itself and the PSTN, not between itself and the Webex calling service. Therefore, opening UDP port 5062 on the firewall will not help Alice to reach Charlie using Webex calling.

You can find more information about Cisco Webex calling and Cisco Unified Border Element here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251_chapter_0100110.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/webex-calling/index.html

Contribute your Thoughts:

Rolande
8 days ago
You know, I was just reading about Cisco Webex calling, and it uses the SIP protocol for call signaling. So I think the answer is either option A or B, opening UDP or TCP port 5062 outbound.
upvoted 0 times
Danica
9 days ago
I agree with Taryn. My guess is that we need to open either UDP port 5062 or TCP port 5062 outbound on the firewall. The Cisco Unified Border Element likely uses one of those ports for the PSTN call signaling.
upvoted 0 times
Taryn
10 days ago
Let me take a look at the options. Since the issue is with PSTN calls, I think we need to open a port for the Cisco Unified Border Element, which is the local gateway for those calls. The question mentions HTTP-based traffic, so I don't think opening a port for that would be the right solution.
upvoted 0 times
Marica
10 days ago
Hmm, this question seems tricky. I'm not sure which port to open on the firewall to resolve the issue. Does anyone have any thoughts?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel