Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-720 Topic 6 Question 80 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-720 exam
Question #: 80
Topic #: 6
[All 300-720 Questions]

A Cisco Secure Email Gateway administrator recently enabled the Outbreak Filters Global Service Setting to detect Viral as well as Non-Viral threat detection, with no detection of Non-viral threats after 24 hours of monitoring Outbreak Filters What is the reason that Non-Viral threat detection is not detecting any positive verdicts?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

According to the [Cisco Secure Email User Guide], Non-Viral threat detection is a feature of Outbreak Filters that detects and blocks email messages that contain non-viral threats such as phishing, fraud, or social engineering[1, p. 25]. To use this feature, you need to enable either AntiSpam or Intelligent Multi-Scan on your Cisco Secure Email Gateway, as these features provide the necessary scanning and filtering capabilities for Non-Viral threat detection[1, p. 26].

The other options are not valid because:

A) Non-Viral threat detection does not require Antivirus or AMP enablement to properly function. Antivirus and AMP are features that detect and block email messages that contain viral threats such as malware or ransomware[1, p. 27-28].

B) The Outbreak Filters option Graymail Header does not affect Non-Viral threat detection. Graymail Header is an option that allows you to add a header to email messages that are classified as graymail, which are messages that are not spam but may be unwanted by some recipients, such as newsletters or promotions[1, p. 25].

D) The Outbreak Filters option URL Rewriting does not affect Non-Viral threat detection. URL Rewriting is an option that allows you to rewrite the URLs in email messages to point to a Cisco proxy server, which can scan the URLs for malicious content and redirect the users to a warning page if needed[1, p. 25].

Comments

Dottie
1 days ago
I think the answer might be C. Non-Viral threat detection requires AntiSpam or Intelligent Multi-Scan enablement to properly function. That sounds like the most logical explanation to me.
upvoted 0 times
Lakeesha
3 days ago
Hmm, this question seems a bit tricky. I'm not sure if I'm fully comfortable with the Outbreak Filters feature and how it works with non-viral threats.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel