Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-710 Topic 5 Question 76 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-710 exam
Question #: 76
Topic #: 5
[All 300-710 Questions]

Which default action setting in a Cisco FTD Access Control Policy allows all traffic from an undefined application to pass without Snort Inspection?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The default action setting in a Cisco FTD Access Control Policy determines how the system handles and logs traffic that is not handled by any other access control configuration.The default action can block or trust all traffic without further inspection, or inspect traffic for intrusions and discovery data3.

The Trust All Traffic option allows all traffic from an undefined application to pass without Snort inspection. This option also disables Security Intelligence filtering, file and malware inspection, and URL filtering for all traffic handled by the default action.This option is useful when you want to minimize the performance impact of access control on your network3.

The other options are incorrect because:

The Inherit from Base Policy option inherits the default action setting from the base policy. The base policy is the predefined access control policy that you use as a starting point for creating your own policies.Depending on which base policy you choose, the inherited default action setting can be different3.

The Network Discovery Only option inspects all traffic for discovery data only. This option enables Security Intelligence filtering for all traffic handled by the default action, but disables file and malware inspection, URL filtering, and intrusion inspection.This option is useful when you want to collect information about your network before you configure access control rules3.

The Intrusion Prevention option inspects all traffic for intrusions and discovery data. This option enables Security Intelligence filtering, file and malware inspection, URL filtering, and intrusion inspection for all traffic handled by the default action.This option provides the most comprehensive protection for your network, but also has the most performance impact3.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Mitzie
10 days ago
Option A, 'Trust All Traffic', seems a bit risky to me. Wouldn't that essentially disable any security controls? I'd be hesitant to choose that one.
upvoted 0 times
Noah
11 days ago
Hmm, I'm leaning towards option B, 'Inherit from Base Policy'. That feels the most conservative and safe approach, even if it's not the 'correct' answer. Better to play it safe than sorry, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Naomi
12 days ago
Yeah, me neither. I'm trying to think through the differences between these options, but it's not entirely clear to me what the 'Snort Inspection' aspect means and how that factors into the decision.
upvoted 0 times
Lenna
13 days ago
This question seems pretty tricky. I'm not sure I fully understand the implications of each default action setting in the Cisco FTD Access Control Policy.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel