Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-610 Topic 4 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-610 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 4
[All 300-610 Questions]

A Cisco engineer is configuring MPLS VPN BGP at a customer site that is connected to the provider site by more than one path MPLS VPN BGP Local Convergence link protection is enabled. After the engineer installs the main forwarding path and the redundant backup path within the BGP, they assign a unique route distinguisher to each VRF table on all PE devices that serve as a backup to the link. What is a prerequisite for this local convergence to work?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Melina
8 hours ago
You know, I'm just wondering why they're asking about this specific scenario. Is this a trick question or something?
upvoted 0 times
Gracia
1 days ago
Ah, I see what you mean. And option D, the PE-CE link protection on both ends, doesn't seem to be a prerequisite here, since the question is focused on the local convergence within the provider's network.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
2 days ago
Haha, yeah, that would be a pretty strange prerequisite. Alright, I think we've got a good handle on this. I'm going to go with option B as the answer.
upvoted 0 times
Viva
2 days ago
Ah, good point. The question does specifically mention that local convergence is enabled, so that must be a prerequisite.
upvoted 0 times
Alease
3 days ago
I'm not convinced that's the only requirement. Doesn't the system also need to be performing PE-CE link protection on both ends? That's what option D says.
upvoted 0 times
Tonette
3 days ago
Haha, can you imagine if the answer was just 'the engineer remembers to bring their lucky rabbit's foot to work'? That would be a real wild card!
upvoted 0 times
Rueben
4 days ago
Option B makes the most sense. We need BGP to be able to switch over to the backup path without dropping any traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Malcom
6 days ago
Hmm, I think the key here is that the backup path needs to be able to take over seamlessly if the main path fails. That sounds like option B to me.
upvoted 0 times
Kate
8 days ago
I'm not entirely sure about this question. The prerequisites for MPLS VPN BGP local convergence seem a bit tricky to me.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel