Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-510 Topic 2 Question 83 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-510 exam
Question #: 83
Topic #: 2
[All 300-510 Questions]

The ISP_A network is configured with PIMv2 with sparse mode. The engineering team at ISP_A must implement multicast support following RFC 5059 in the network. The RP priority will be 0, and the solution must require limited supervision from the operations team. Which action must the team take to meet the requirements?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Comments

Billi
2 hours ago
Hmm, I don't know. The bootstrap router option sounds good, but it might be overkill for our requirements. What about option D? Implementing Anycast-RP on the edge routers could give us the dynamic RP selection we need, with less complexity than the bootstrap router.
upvoted 0 times
Eun
24 hours ago
I don't know, I'm a little worried about the static RP approach. What if we need to change the RP in the future? Wouldn't that be a pain to update on all the routers?
upvoted 0 times
Val
1 days ago
I'm not so sure about that, man. Static RP might be the simplest option, but it requires a lot of manual configuration across the entire network. What if we go with option C and implement a bootstrap router in the core? That way, we can have a dynamic RP selection process and reduce the burden on the ops team.
upvoted 0 times
Gladis
2 days ago
Whoa, this question is tricky! We have to implement multicast support following RFC 5059, with an RP priority of 0 and minimal supervision for the ops team. I'm leaning towards option B - implementing Static RP across all routers. That way, we can have a centralized RP and avoid the complexity of other solutions.
upvoted 0 times
Adelina
2 days ago
Good point, Martina. Maybe option B, static RP, would be better since we can explicitly set the priority to 0 on the candidate RP. That way, the operations team doesn't have to worry about it too much.
upvoted 0 times
Martina
3 days ago
But wait, don't we need to make sure the RP priority is set to 0? I'm not sure if Auto-RP would let us do that automatically.
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
5 days ago
I agree, Samira. And with the PIMv2 sparse mode, I think option A might be the way to go. Auto-RP seems like the easiest way to handle the RP selection without too much manual configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Samira
7 days ago
Ooh, this is a tricky one! I'm not too familiar with all the multicast protocols, but I'm guessing the team needs to implement some kind of automatic RP discovery to meet the 'limited supervision' requirement.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel