Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-510 Topic 6 Question 81 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-510 exam
Question #: 81
Topic #: 6
[All 300-510 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

IS-IS is the routing protocol on the network. After the team noticed excessive CPU usage on all routers, particularly routers R2 and R6, they configured route summarization on all routers. However, a network engineer noticed that summary routes and more specific routes are present in the routing table on R1. Which action must the team take so that R1 receives only the summary routes?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Reynalda
3 days ago
I'm leaning towards Option B. It seems like we need to configure summarization on both the Level 1 and Level 2 routers to get the desired result on R1's routing table. That way, we can ensure the more specific routes don't make it up to the higher-level routers.
upvoted 0 times
Fletcher
4 days ago
Hmm, let me think through the options here. Option A seems to target the Level 1 routers specifically, which might work. Option B talks about Level 1 and Level 2 routers, which could be the key. Option C is interesting, but it's a bit broad. And Option D just has R6 doing all the summarization, which might not be enough.
upvoted 0 times
Marguerita
5 days ago
Yeah, I'm a bit confused too. It seems like the issue might be with where we're configuring the summarization. The question is asking what action the team should take, so we need to figure out the right approach.
upvoted 0 times
Rodrigo
6 days ago
Wow, this question on IS-IS routing summarization is really tricky. I'm not sure I fully understand why we're seeing both summary routes and more specific routes on R1's routing table even after we configured summarization on all routers.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel