Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 010-151 Topic 6 Question 79 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 010-151 exam
Question #: 79
Topic #: 6
[All 010-151 Questions]

Which two statements are true for the Ethernet 802.3 standard? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Mariann
7 days ago
Okay, let me think this through. I'm pretty sure options C and D are correct, but I'm not sure about the others. Wait, didn't they just release a new version of the standard that goes up to 100 Gigabit Ethernet? I can't keep up with all these updates!
upvoted 0 times
France
9 days ago
Hmm, the 10 Gigabit Ethernet standard is 802.3ab, not 802.3. And network layer protocols are definitely carried in the Ethernet frame's payload, not the frame itself. This is a tricky one, for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Helene
9 days ago
Ah, I remember learning about this in my networking class. The Ethernet 802.3 standard defines the frame size as 64 to 1518 bytes, not 68 to 1518 bytes. And you're right, it does define both the physical and data link layer protocols.
upvoted 0 times
Lynelle
10 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not too sure about the exact frame size, but I know the standard defines the physical and data link layers for Ethernet. And CSMA/CD is definitely used to manage collisions in shared Ethernet networks, though I'm not sure if it eliminates them completely in switched LANs.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel