Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CertNexus Exam ITS-110 Topic 1 Question 29 Discussion

Actual exam question for CertNexus's ITS-110 exam
Question #: 29
Topic #: 1
[All ITS-110 Questions]

Which of the following methods or technologies is most likely to be used in order to mitigate brute force attacks?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Desiree
8 days ago
I'm still not convinced. Aren't there issues with password recovery systems being abused by attackers too? I think the best all-around solution is the account lockout policy. It may be a bit inconvenient, but it's the most robust defense against brute forcing.
upvoted 0 times
Barrett
10 days ago
Haha, 'easy peasy'? What are you, five years old? But you know, I kind of like that idea. A good password recovery system could really foil those brute force attacks. I'm going with D as well.
upvoted 0 times
Pansy
11 days ago
You guys are overthinking this. The answer is clearly D - secure password recovery. If you have a strong password reset process, it doesn't matter if someone tries to brute force your account, they won't be able to get in anyway. Easy peasy!
upvoted 0 times
Gayla
12 days ago
Hmm, I don't know. Logging attacks is good, but it doesn't actually stop them. I'm leaning towards C - role-based access control. If you limit what users can do based on their role, it makes it a lot harder for attackers to gain meaningful access, even if they guess a password.
upvoted 0 times
Trina
14 days ago
I'm not sure, the account lockout policy seems a bit heavy-handed to me. What if I accidentally get locked out of my own account? I was thinking B - automated security logging might be a better option. That way you can at least track the attack and respond accordingly.
upvoted 0 times
Alex
16 days ago
Ugh, brute force attacks are the worst! I hate when hackers try to guess my password over and over again. This question is going to be tough, but I think the answer is A - account lockout policy. That's the best way to stop those persistent brute force attempts, right?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel