Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

American College Exam HS330 Topic 1 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for American College's HS330 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 1
[All HS330 Questions]

Tax benefits of making lifetime gifts in excess of the gift tax annual exclusion include all the following EXCEPT:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Kasandra
8 days ago
I don't know, that just sounds too good to be true. I'm pretty sure the IRS has some rules about that kind of thing. You don't want to end up in hot water with the tax man, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Portia
9 days ago
You know, I'm really curious about option C. Saving income taxes by giving income-producing property to a low-income donee sounds like a great strategy. Maybe I should look into that.
upvoted 0 times
Catarina
11 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. I was thinking option A might be the correct answer. The gift tax paid on a gift made more than 3 years prior to the death of the donor should avoid inclusion in the donor's gross estate, right?
upvoted 0 times
Domitila
12 days ago
I think option B is the correct answer. Appreciation in the value of a gift of real property after the date of the gift would increase the donor's federal estate tax liability, not decrease it.
upvoted 0 times
Georgeanna
14 days ago
Agreed. I'm worried about the gift tax and how it might affect my estate planning. Does anyone have experience with this?
upvoted 0 times
Rory
15 days ago
This is a tricky question. I'm not sure about the answer, but I think it's important to understand the tax implications of making lifetime gifts.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel