Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

AHIP Exam AHM-530 Topic 5 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for AHIP's AHM-530 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 5
[All AHM-530 Questions]

The Medicaid program subsidizes indigent care through payments to disproportionate share hospitals (DSHs). The Preamble Hospital is a DSH. As a DSH, Preamble most likely:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Fannie
7 days ago
Ooh, that's a good point. I hadn't considered the capitation angle. But then again, I thought DSHs didn't get direct Medicaid payments, they just got a share of the overall pool of DSH funds. So maybe C is the way to go?
upvoted 0 times
Quentin
9 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. I was thinking maybe answer D, that DSHs are eligible for higher capitation rates from Medicaid. That would make sense to help cover their increased costs, right?
upvoted 0 times
Orville
10 days ago
Yeah, no kidding. But I think that's the whole point of the DSH program - to help offset the financial burden on hospitals that are caring for the most vulnerable patients. I'm leaning towards answer B, that DSHs are at higher risk of operating at a loss.
upvoted 0 times
Leanna
11 days ago
Haha, I bet the insurance companies love dealing with DSHs. Probably a lot of red tape and bureaucracy involved in getting those payments.
upvoted 0 times
Derrick
13 days ago
I agree, this is definitely a tricky one. From what I know, DSHs are hospitals that serve a significantly higher proportion of low-income patients, so they're more likely to operate at a loss. But I'm not sure about the specifics of the payments they receive.
upvoted 0 times
Cheryll
15 days ago
Hmm, this question is asking about the Medicaid program and how it relates to disproportionate share hospitals (DSHs). I think the key is understanding what a DSH is and how it differs from other hospitals in terms of government assistance and financial risk.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel