Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

AHIP Exam AHM-250 Topic 5 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for AHIP's AHM-250 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 5
[All AHM-250 Questions]

The scandent Health Group contracted with the Empire Corporation to provide behavioral healthcare services to.

Empire employees. As a condition of providing behavioral healthcare services, scandent required Empire to contract with scandent for basic medical services scandent's actions constituted the type of antitrust violation known as a

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alaine
7 days ago
Haha, you guys are really overthinking this. It's obviously a price-fixing agreement. Scandent is forcing Empire to pay a certain price for their services, right? That's classic price-fixing.
upvoted 0 times
Nicholle
9 days ago
Hmm, I don't know. I was thinking it might be a horizontal group boycott, where Scandent is coordinating with other healthcare providers to exclude Empire from the market. But the tying arrangement makes more sense to me.
upvoted 0 times
Angelo
10 days ago
I think you're on the right track, Avery. A tying arrangement is when a company with market power in one product forces customers to also buy a second, separate product. That seems to fit the scenario here.
upvoted 0 times
Avery
11 days ago
Okay, let's break this down. Scandent required Empire to contract with them for basic medical services in order to receive their behavioral healthcare services. This sounds like a 'tying arrangement', where a company requires a customer to purchase one product or service in order to get another.
upvoted 0 times
Jettie
13 days ago
Yeah, I agree. This question seems to be testing our knowledge of different types of antitrust violations. From what I can tell, the scenario involves some sort of exclusionary practice by Scandent Health Group.
upvoted 0 times
Jacqueline
15 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I'm not sure what the correct answer is, but I'll give it my best shot. I think the key here is to understand the concept of an antitrust violation and how it applies to this specific scenario.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel